VHF Marine Radio Online course: secure this mandatory certificate online in your own time
VHF Marine Radio Online Course
The Short Range Certificate for VHF/DSC marine radio is a mandatory certificate for commercial endorsements and qualifications such as Yachtmaster. We can offer this as a VHF Marine Radio online course through the RYA Interactive service, so you can study in your own time.
- Once you have booked online/in the office and made payment, we will email you with a username and a password and a link to the RYA Interactive site.
- If you book online, you’ll also receive an ‘e-book’ voucher for the SRC course handbook. If you book in the classroom we will give you a physical course book to take away and study with.
- When you enter your RYA Interactive portal you will see the course you have been registered for, click on the VHF Marine Radio Online course and download the modules or use the interactive web modules to read through and work on.
- When all course modules have been completed, you can access the ‘pre-exam knowledge check’. This test must be satisfactorily completed before you sit your practical exam, the course completion certificate issued is required for the licence application.
- You can then contact the Aigua Sea School office to arrange your practical exam session, these are usually run once every other week during Yachtmaster season.
- You also need to pay the separate £60 exam fee directly to the RYA prior to your exam.
- For your practical exam, there is a short invigilated written test, followed by familiarisation with the training radio sets prior to the start of the practical test where a number of tasks must be completed.
From the 1st February 2018, the preferred method of payment for the RYA exam fee of £60 is via their new online system. You will need to visit the RYA website to register, complete the exam application form and make payment, you then need to print the completed exam application form (or you can send it to us to print) for your practical assessment.
For your practical assessment, you must either bring with you or email over to Aigua HQ:
- Your pre-exam knowledge check (only obtainable after successful completion of the VHF Marine Radio online course)
- A completed exam application form – this is emailed to you from the RYA once the exam fee has been paid online.
- A passport sized photograph.
Aigua Sea School can provide a photograph service at a small charge of just €5. The course is online, but support is available from the Aigua team if required.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/clients/8b2f57ac97153457723e2b64e97096c3/aiguass/wp-content/plugins/VC_Modal_Popup-old/Modal_Popup_for_VC.php on line 98
Share your experience with us
You have completed a course with Aigua Sea School? We hope you had a great time. Please click on the button below to leave a review of your experience. Thank you!
Great Staff! Lovely people and very friendly too. This school is the best option by far.
Firstly I was very impressed by Rachael and John-Paul’s kindness, assistance and enthusiasm. I always thought I was being taken care of, and will definitely be booking up the online RYA Coastal Skipper / Yachtmaster Online course with you the end of September. Once I have passed this I’ll explore further with you guys for Advanced Power and Coastal Skipper practical courses.
Will Downing, the Skipper for the Day Skipper course, was marvelous! He pushed me when I needed it and was a fountain of knowledge on all things not just sailing. I would definitely recommend him.
Fred Harper, for my Level 2 Powerboat was equally good. He helped increase my confidence, and I really appreciated his style and genuine focus on safety.
It goes without saying that I would definitely recommend Aigua Sea School, as I was very impressed.
Thanks for your help with the ICC and VHF courses. John O’Hara was an awesome evaluator/instructor, I learned a lot from him. And, Linda was equally awesome in the theory and VHF assessment!
After sailing more than 50 years I thought I was a rather good sailor. Two sailing friends asked me to accompany them to do the Coastal skipper course and Yachtmaster. I’m very happy now that I did it. Now there is less stress when I have to berth with crosswind.
Now I know:
- what ship is coming or going during a night passage
- what a horn signal means
- why there is a lit or unlit buoy in the water
- how to make a passage plan
Your sea school educates in a very comfortable way.
The instructor (Nathan) never shouted to us, he always gave us positive feedback he gave, there was always time for questions or repeating weak subjects. I will recommend every sailor to do this course in your sea school. The way of teaching is absolutely professional and the human guidance unforgettable. I was the man who wanted to stop during the week but John-Paul and the VHF Teacher motivated me in a personal way and so I finished my examination. Thank you all.